Wednesday 25 July 2012

Day 3: Upload Video

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

This is a very rough draft of what I might have up on my blog for students to go to to review what they learned in class. For certain concepts in science some students grasp it right away and others need to be reminded over and over again. Having a screencast up somewhere that the student's who need it can go and review would save me the after school time and the time in class re-explaining concepts. Especially if there was a full bank of these kinds of short lessons with detailed description of what they covered the students might get used to using screencasts to review from and maybe even learn from. I love the idea of flipping the classroom but I really think it needs to be done in a way that doesn't completely leave certain students behind, creating review screencasts that students can go to could be a nice way to slowly flip the classroom. It was reasonably easy to create this screencast and I know that if I gave myself more time I could have done a much more elaborate and probably clearer job of explaining my concept. I think that in the future I will try creating more screencasts and hopefully start to have a bank of them to share with my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment